The concept of Zumba Gold is a true demonstration as to how Zumba doesn't exclude anyone from its never-ending party! Zumba Gold is essentially a simplified version of Classic Zumba - designed for the active senior people, the beginners or people who don't' exercise often, or those who can perform limited physical activities. The Zumba Gold can be distinguished from the Zumba Basic as it is done at a slower pace, not as fast, but still great fun to perform.
The same great Latin styles of music and dance are used in it. It is an innovative, fun and exciting program. This amazing program is very easy to follow so anyone of any age will be able to do it. Dances that are specifically highlighted in this program include:
- Cha Cha
- Rock& Roll
Why Zumba Gold?
People who're 50 + and above, will absolutely love Zumba! The fun and vibrant energy in a Zumba Gold class is infectious and enables one to stay in shape.
Active older adults want good-fellowship, excitement and fitness as a regular part of their weekly schedule, and the Zumba Gold class is the perfect fit. It's a dance-fitness class that feels friendly, and most of all, fun.
Zumba Gold does not follow the regular aerobic style of 32 beats per movement; instead it follows the penetration of the upbeat music. Instructors are encouraged to choreograph the workouts within those specifications.
How To Start And Get Along With Zumba Gold?
- First, you need to locate a Zumba Gold Fitness Instructor or class in your area. You can search for a class online, here.
- Make sure that you dress properly for your class. Zumba Gold involves hip-shaking and plenty of physical movement, so it's important to wear comfortable gym clothes.
- Be on time for the stretching and warm-up portion of the class.
- Follow the instructor as closely as possible. Zumba Gold doesn't use the same 16-count pattern usual aerobics do, you'll follow musical cues, instead. This might be difficult to follow, but you'll catch on quickly and be able to participate fully.
- Stop exercising and tell your instructor if you start to feel dizzy, faint or sustain a sharp pain in any of your muscles or ligaments, a sign of injury. Your instructor will help move you to a safe place and get medical attention, if necessary.
- During class you should drink at least 7 to 10 oz. of water for every 10 to 20 minutes of exercise. Zumba Gold causes you to sweat, so it's important for you to prevent dehydration.
- As for choosing any exercise program, seniors should consult with their physicians before beginning Zumba Gold, to be assured that if it is right for them. It is generally a low-impact and total-body workout.
- Dance experience is not required, and chair-based options are too available if needed.
- Seniors can sign up for a weekly class, or work it into the rotation with other favorite, low-impact exercise options such as swimming and walking.
- Wear loose fitting, comfortable clothing that allows your body to experience a wide range of movement is best.
- Wear athletic shoes to support your knees and ankles during pivots and turns involved in the dance moves.
- And as we all know - no matter what age of we are - exercise is a vital component in healthy living. It is suggested to always bear that in mind.