Yoga Poses for a Flatter Tummy
Want to get a flat, trimmed, toned tummy? While yoga is associated more with peace of mind and detox, it can help you with that stubborn flab that refuses to go away.
Sadie Nardini, founder and wellness expert of Core Strength Vinyasa Yoga introduces yoga poses for flat stomach. She puts together yoga for flat abs routine to gain a flat stomach and sculpted abs.
The poses discussed in this article stir up your digestive system and melts down that stubborn belly fat. Slimming down the yoga way keeps you safe from harmful side effects, because if you have yoga as your coach who needs dieting or weight loss pills?
Yoga Poses for Flat Stomach
Let’s learn some yoga for flat abs but before you begin spread a yoga mat.
Yoga for Flat Abs: Boat Pulses
- Sit on a yoga mat lift your knees and feet into a horizontal position (boat pose).
- Claps hands with arms positioned forward.
- Maintain balance in this position and take a deep breath.
- As you inhale stretch out your legs.
Upon exhalation draw knees back to starting position.
Yoga for Flat Abs: Rocking Boat
- Forming a boat pose lie with back on the floor.
- Stretch out arms, palms and fingers above your head and inhale.
- As you breathe in slowly position arms over your head.
- Now begin to raise hips from the floor.
- Upon exhalation lower down arms and hips back to the floor.
- Make sure your head and shoulders stay off ground during your lifts.
Yoga for Flat Abs: Solo Hip Twist
- Sit in a boat position and support you balance by placing arms behind your back.
- Stretch out fingers to support your balance with fingers facing your hip.
- As you inhale stretch out legs forward and roll onto your right hip.
- Breathe out twist head, shoulders and chest.
Repeat step on the alternate hip.
Yoga for Flat Abs: Scissor Twist
- Lie down with back on the floor.
- Place arms behind your head with fingertips support your head.
- As you inhale, raise elbows and feet toward the ceiling.
- Breathe out by lowering legs and pulling down right below to left leg.
- Exhale and return to starting position.
Repeat step on alternate leg.
Zumba is a dance-fitness program developed to promote health yet have fun at the same time. Zumba also aids in toning your tummy and sculpting those abs to get you six packs. To learn more about Zumba visit our exclusive page. For more information on how Zumba can help burn off stubborn body fat, read our feature.
Pilates is all about building stretching with body coordination. Certain exercises in the Pilates regimen are targeted to exercise those obliques so you can gain attention. To know more about Pilates visit our page.