Yoga Poses to Improve Your Sex Life
How Can Yoga Improve Your Sex Life?
Yoga, as a traditional discipline, helps its practitioners to achieve a whole range of spiritual and physical benefits. The ancient practice of yoga aims to harmonize the physical being and spiritual soul of man, and in doing so, improves the functioning of the mind and body. While a desire to spice things up between the sheets may not be the most enlightened reason for practicing yoga, it definitely has a solid justification; certain yoga poses have been proved to fire up your love life and make the act of sex a more pleasurable and intense experience. Yoga teaches its practitioners to stay focused. This skill of enhanced concentration helps yoga followers to focus on the act of sex and prevents their minds from wandering away from the intense mind-body experience of sex. When you are in a stressed emotional state, sex is the last thing on your mind. Yoga helps to soothe the mind and body and alleviates stress and fatigue. This makes the mind and body more receptive to the act of sex. Other yoga benefits which have a positive effect on your sex life include increased flexibility, better stamina and endurance, and improved circulation in the pelvic region which stimulates libido and makes the experience of sex more gratifying. Practice the following yoga poses at least thrice a week to spice up your sex life!
Yoga Poses to Stimulate Your Sex Life # 1
Downward Facing Dog
The Downward Facing Dog Pose soothes the mind and rejuvenates the body, making both of these vital components of the body receptive to the idea of sexual intimacy. Practice the following step-by-step instructions to perform the downward facing dog pose:
- Position yourself on your hands and knees. Make sure that your hands are directly below your shoulders, and your knees are positioned directly below the hips.
- Inhale and tuck your toes in under your heels.
- As you exhale, slowly raise your hips. Make sure that your hands stay firmly positioned on the yoga mat. Assume an upside down ‘V’ position.
- Keep your heels firmly pressed against the yoga mat. However, as a beginner you can allow your heels to lift up off the floor a little.
- Maintain the position for 30 seconds to 1 minute at least.
Yoga Poses to Stimulate Your Sex Life # 2
The Bridge Pose strengthens and tones the pelvic muscles. It also tones the female reproductive organs, and improves orgasms. Practice the following step-by-step instructions to perform the bridge pose:
- Position yourself by lying down on your back on the yoga mat.
- Bend your knees and place your feet together.
- Place your arms at your sides with the palms facing downwards.
- Keep your feet and hands in place as you lift your hips up towards the ceiling.
- Keep your hips raised as you shift your arms over your head. Your feet remain exactly where you positioned them in step 1.
- Maintain the bridge pose for 30 seconds to 1 minute at least.
Yoga Poses to Stimulate Your Sex Life # 3
Shoulder Stand Pose
Shoulder Stand Pose alleviates stress, anxiety and mild depression. All these problems can hamper your sex life and take away from the intimacy of the moment. It also improves blood circulation around the body and is therapeutic for digestive problems that might prevent you from indulging in sex. Practice the following step-by-step instructions to perform the shoulder stand pose:
- Lie on your back on the yoga mat in such a way that your shoulders are positioned on the yoga mat but your head is not.
- Lift your arms over your head and bring them straight out behind you.
- Gradually raise your hips off the mat and in one fluid move, swing your legs upwards so that they are positioned over your head.
- Deepen the bend by increasing the distance between your head and your legs, and by lifting your back off the yoga mat. Use your hands as an added support to straighten your back.
- Now focus on straightening your legs. Ensure that your body is well-balanced and stable, and then straighten out your legs one at a time.
- Experiencing pain or discomfort in your shoulders and back is an indication of excessive strain on the body. Adjust your posture until you can hold the shoulder stand pose comfortably for 30 seconds to 1 minute at least.
- Exit the shoulder stand yoga pose by lowering each leg down onto the mat. Then lower your back onto the mat.
Yoga Poses to Stimulate Your Sex Life # 4
Wide-legged Straddle Pose
Wide-legged Straddle Pose stimulates libido by improving blood circulation in the pelvic area. This improved blood circulation also enhances overall energy and invigorates the body, making it more responsive to sex. Practice the following step-by-step instructions to perform the wide-legged straddle pose:
- Position yourself in the dandasana pose (staff pose) on the yoga mat.
- Spread your legs out as much as possible without straining yourself.
- Keep your feet flexed, toes pointing up towards the ceiling, and press your legs firmly against the mat.
- Bend your upper body forward between your legs, keeping your back flat. Stop bending as soon as you feel your spine beginning to curve.
- Maintain the pose for at least 30 seconds to 1 minute at least.
Yoga Poses to Stimulate Your Sex Life # 5
Lizard Pose is excellent at calming and soothing the mind. Furthermore, it opens up the hip region and eradicates the tension in this area. It enhances flexibility and reduces tightness in the hips. Practice the following step-by-step instructions to perform the lizard pose:
- Position yourself in the Downward Facing Dog Pose on the yoga mat.
- Bring your right foot forward and place it towards the outside of your right hand.
- Slowly lower your left knee down to the yoga mat. Beginners can rest their knee on the mat instead of holding it up.
- Breathe in, and as you do so, lower your elbows on to the mat.
- Keep your right shoulder and right knee positioned close to one another.
- Maintain the yoga lizard pose for 30 seconds to 1 minute at least.