Yoga Corpse Pose - Savasana
About Yoga Corpse Pose
Are you ready to relax and unwind? After a long, hectic day of hard work and stress, who wouldn’t be! The corpse pose is the perfect way to get rid of all that anxiety and tension. After reading through the step by step instructions you might feel as if the corpse pose is very simple and uncomplicated. However, the yoga corpse pose requires a great deal of focus, mental clarity and mental awareness. You will be able to perfect this pose only after you practice it a few times. The corpse position can be performed after you finish an asana or a pranayama sequence.
Step By Step Instructions
Follow these guidelines to perform the relaxing yoga corpse posture!
- Lie down on your back on the yoga mat.
- Focus on your legs. Rotate each leg inwards and then outwards. Allow them to fall sideways after this rotation.
- Your arms should be positioned loosely at the sides of your body, with the palms facing upwards. Keep some distance between your body and your arms.
- Turn your attention to your spine and engage in the mild exercise of moving your head from side to side.
- Make an effort to consciously stretch out your body parts, as if somebody was attempting to pull each part away from your main body.
- Focus on your deep breathing: breathe from your abdomen.
- Maintain the corpse pose for a few minutes, or for as long as you wish.
- To exit the pose, bend your knees and use your legs to come onto your side. Then bring yourself up into a sitting position.
The yoga corpse posture can provide your body with numerous health benefits!
- Helps the mind to relax and unwind.
- Alleviates stress and mild depression.
- Helps the body to relax and become tension-free.
- Alleviates fatigue, headache and insomnia.
- Combats high blood pressure.
Things to Remember!
Individuals with back injuries and women who are pregnant should use the support of yoga straps or yoga bolsters while performing the corpse pose.