How To Enjoy Eggplant
Eggplants are vegetables which belong to the night-shade family; they grow on vines in a similar way as tomatoes. They have a bitter taste and spongy texture.
Here, a few eggplant recipes have been mentioned, including baked eggplant:
Baked Eggplant Recipe:
- eggplants (floured)
- olive oil
Start by peeling the eggplants and then slice them and dip in flour and fry
- Chopped onions
- ground beef
- extra virgin olive oil
- fresh basil, minced or dried
- red pepper flakes
- tomato sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
Sauté all the vegetables and beef in olive oil. Add the tomato sauce and let it mix for about 10 minutes. Season well with salt, pepper or basil.
- milk (warm)
- eggs, beaten
First, you have to melt butter and stir it in flour. Then you can slowly stir in milk. Cook it over low heat, and stir constantly until thickened. Then beat the sauce slowly with the eggs.
- grated cheese
You start this final step by sprinkling the pan with bread crumbs. Arrange the eggplants, meat sauce and egg sauce and repeat the step again. Bake it for 30 to 40 minutes in a preheated oven 350°F. Once prepared, let it cool down for 15 minutes, then serve it. Bake eggplant dish is ready.
Different ways of cooking eggplant:
There are many ways of cooking eggplant dishes. A few are mentioned below:
- An eggplant curry can be eaten. It can be served with some brown rice.
- Stir-fry eggplant with a few vegetables and serve it.
- You can roast some eggplant and serve it with pasta.
- You can make an eggplant pizza.
- You can bake eggplant as well. Baked eggplant recipes are found everywhere.
- You can make an eggplant kebab.
- An eggplant bruschetta can be served as an appetizer.
- An Eggplant Lasagna can be the perfect dish for a Sunday afternoon.
- Eggplant ratatouille can be enjoyed with many other summer vegetables.
Another eggplant recipe is mentioned below:
Grilled Eggplant, Tomato and Goat Cheese recipe:
- tomatoes, sliced
- goat cheese
- olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
Start by preheating the grill (medium heat). In a large bowl, sprinkle some vinegar and olive oil on the eggplant and season it with salt and pepper. Then on a tray, arrange the eggplants and place the tomatoes and goats cheese on each slice of eggplant. Season it well. Secure the bundle with a toothpick. Add some oil to the grill and cook for about 10 minutes, maybe a minute less. Flip and cook the other side as well. You serve it as an appetizer or an entrée dish.