Safflower Oil Vs. Flaxseed Oil
This article begins with a small definition about flaxseed oil and safflower oil. Flaxseed oil comes from the seeds of the flax plant and it contains both omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids. These are needed for a healthy body. Flaxseed oil contains the essential fatty acid alpha-linolenic acid (ALA), which the body converts into omega-3 fatty acid. These are found in fish oil.
Safflower oil, on the other hand, is oil made from safflower seeds. It is commonly used in salad dressings and to cook food. Safflower oil has many advantages and disadvantages. Safflower oil can tolerate both high and low temperatures. Even though it has this feature, it still does not provide any flavor. Nutritionally, safflower oil lacks some essential vitamin which is provided by other oils but it is considered a better choice than other types of fat.
Benefits of Flaxseed Oil:
- Flaxseed oil is used to treat many ailments such as rheumatoid arthritis and high blood fats. It is also used to treat the following conditions;
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH)
- Vaginal infections
- Dry eyes
- High blood pressure
- Heart disease
- Attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
Flaxseed oil can also be used as a laxative for constipation, for weight loss, and it helps in the prevention of breast cancer and prostate cancer. For external uses, it is applied on to the skin to sooth irritations and also softens some rough patches. For internal purposes, for example in foods, flaxseed oil can be used for cooking oil and in margarines. In the manufacturing business, flaxseed oil is used as an ingredient in paints, varnishes, linoleum, and soap and also as a waterproofing agent.
Safflower Oil Benefits
- Safflower oil is said to be healthy for the heart and ensures a heart risk free body
- Research shows that this oil can also improve your cholesterol levels keep the blood sugar normal and stable and also cure insulin sensitivity and inflammation in obese postmenopausal women who have Type 2 diabetes
- Safflower oil is said to be so effective that it can reduce abdominal fat and increase muscle tissue in menopausal women after 16 weeks of daily supplementation.
- Safflower oil can also lower the risks of many cardiovascular diseases and has many anti-aging properties. The vitamin E content helps in removing the free radicals from the body.
We have listed the respective benefits of both, now the choice is yours.