A healthy soup loaded with vegetables and just a little bit of a spicy kick--a great main dish or side for holiday gatherings.
Winter Soup for Thanksgiving
- Dice onions, celery and green peppers. Chop jalapeno and de-seed them.
- Now heat olive oil in the bottom of a large sauce pan on medium high.
- Saute the onions, bell pepper, and celery until tender.
- Add salt, flour and garlic powder. Mix thoroughly until smooth and there are no lumps in the pan.
- Add chicken broth and chopped canned tomatoes.
- Bring to a soft boil.
- Add okra, and jalapeno to the mixture.
- Add tabasco to taste.
- Lower the heat to low and simmer for two or more hours.