Tofu with Sweet Pepper And Onion is such a simplistic vegetarian recipe. Nicely marinated tofu has an exotic combination with stir fried sweet pepper and onions. If you like it to be spicy, add some black pepper and enjoy it your way!
Tofu with Sweet Pepper and Onion Recipe
- Crush garlic clove, slice onion, de-seed the sweet pepper and cut it in squares.
- Cut tofu into 1-inch pieces and put it in a shallow non-metallic dish.
- Add garlic, chili sauce and soy sauce. Mix well and keep aside for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, heat oil in a deep pan and saute onion in it until crispy brown.
- Spread sauteed onion over paper towel to absorb excessive oil.
- In the same oil, add tofu and stir fry for 5 minutes then bring out of pan.
- Take out some oil from pan, as much that only a tbsp is left in it. Add sweet pepper to it and stir fry for 3 minutes.
- Now again add tofu and onion to the pan and stir to cook.
- Drizzle sesame oil, mix slightly and serve.