Try this luscious Broad Bean Soup Recipe next time you attempt to make bean soup. It is such a simple and filling soup, perfect for winter suppers. Use fresh beans if possible, to make it taste hearty delicious!
Broad Bean Soup Recipe
- Dice the potatoes, crush garlic cloves, chop onion and mint; set them aside.
- In a large saucepan, heat oil, add garlic and onion, saute for 3 minutes, until softened.
- Then add potatoes and cook while stirring for 5 minutes. Stir in the beans along with stock, cover then let simmer for 30 minutes or until beans and potatoes are tender.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove some vegetables and set them aside. In a blender, put remaining soup and blend until smooth.
- Transfer the soup into a clean saucepan then add reserved veggies and chopped mint. Stir and heat gently.
- Then ladle the soup into warm serving bowls. Garnish with yogurt and mint sprig, if desired. Serve at once.