What is your take on nutrition faceoff for almond butter vs. peanut butter? Is almond butter better than peanut butter? Let’s explore the nitty gritty of each nut. You need to keep certain facts in mind before choosing your nut butter. Nutrition of peanut butter includes magnesium, vitamins B3, E, protein, fiber and folate. Whereas, nutrition of almond butter contains high monounsaturated fat, magnesium, phosphorus, calcium, iron, potassium and vitamin E. Additionally, almond butter contains less saturated fat as compared to peanut butter. All this makes almond butter a better option for your health.
The Showdown: What Is In One Tablespoon Of Each?
- 3.5 grams protein
- 9 grams of fat
- 5 grams of monounsaturated fat
- 0.5 gram of saturated fat
- 44.5 mg magnesium
- Carbohydrates 3 grams
- Phosphorus 81.5 mg
- Potassium 119.5 mg
- Calcium 55.5 mg
- Fiber 1.65 grams
- Iron 0.56 mg
- Vitamin E 3.87 mg
- 4 grams of protein
- 8 grams of fat
- 4 grams of monounsaturated fat
- 1.5 grams of saturated fat
- 24.5 mg magnesium
- Carbohydrates 3 grams
- Phosphorus 57.5 mg
- Potassium 104 mg
- Calcium 7 mg
- Fiber 0.95 grams
- Iron 0.3 mg
- Vitamin E 1.44 mg
Almond Butter vs. Peanut Butter
- Almond butter is high on minerals on the other hand; peanut butter is high in extracts of vitamin B.
- Roasted almonds help reduce cholesterol.
- Almond butteris low in fat, contains zero percent cholesterol and is rich in proteins.
- Nutrition of peanut butter includes fat, cholesterol, oil and sugar. Excessive intake can also lead to heart problems.
- Many people are allergic to peanuts and extra consumption can lead to hypertension.
- Peanut butter can raise levels of mucus that acts as a lubricant in our digestive system enabling food to pass over membranes. Excessive mucus results in asthma, headaches, congestion and indigestion.
- Many suppliers add ingredients such as saturated fat, salt and sugar in peanut butter to preserve it for a longer period.
Tip: On making the call between peanut butter and almond butter be sure to check if excessive heat was used during preparation or was it manufactured under a cold-press which tends to preserve nutrients. Look at the ingredients label before you buy: a good and healthy choice will be to pick the jar that has undergone minimal level of heat processing.
In spite of being costly, almond butter slowly and gradually is emerging as a healthier swap for diets and gaining reputation. It promotes a good heart rate, controls blood sugar levels, maintains even level of blood pressure and stabilizes weight control. But don’t forget to consult your doctor for allergies before you pick and choose your favorite nut butter.
Almond butter and peanut butter both can be nutritious and healthy. However, each has its own benefits and limitations. Most people opt for peanut butter because it’s readily available in supermarkets and inexpensive. On the other hand, almond butter is rich in iron and vitamins but isn’t easily available and also expensive.