Belly fat is the most stubborn fat of the body. It is also one of the most unattractive fatty areas of the body. Unfortunately, when you continue eating a diet high in saturated fats and refined carbohydrates (such as fried foods, cakes, cookies, and desserts and of course sodas) your body tends to accumulate fat - especially on the tummy.
What Causes Belly Fat?
It is important to understand what causes belly fat in order to ensure that you avoid such actions in future. After reading the main causes of belly, we hope that you think twice before doing these ever again!
The Main Factors that contribute to belly fat include;
- Constant sitting – Desk jobs, watching TV, doing house-work while sitting.
- Constant eating – Eating 5-6 meals a day is good. But that is only true when those meals are small and not nonstop, compulsive eating.
- A sedentary lifestyle.
- Post-Pregnancy - After pregnancy, most women experience an increase of belly fat.
- Hormonal changes in women – periods & menopause may contribute to belly fat.
Tip #1 Watch What You Eat
Diet plays an important role in reducing belly fat - it’s important to understand that what you eat can, and WILL increase your body fat. You must incorporate healthy, nutritious and low fat food into your diet, such as; fruits, vegetables, nuts, beans, legumes whole grains, lean meat – (preferably chicken and fish) and low-fat dairy.
Tip # 2 Don’t Just Focus On Your Belly Fat
In order to lose belly-fat you need to exercise your whole body! Only then will you see a difference in your belly fat. Most people have the notion that “stomach exercises” will help reduce their belly, but this if far from true.
So be realistic and perform whole-body exercises that will help make you slim overall!
Tip # 3 Best Exercises
As we mentioned, to lose belly fat, you need to shake your whole body. A combination of cardio work outs will help you burn fat in addition to some strength training that will replace that stubborn belly fat with some nice abs!
Exercises for Belly Fat
- Jumping Jacks: Jumping Jacks are an effective and fun exercise! They exercise the whole body including; arms, thighs, legs, butt and belly!
- Running: Again, running is both fun and helpful in removing stubborn fat present in the body – even belly fat.
- Zumba: Zumba is the new fitness craze. It’s a group dance and aerobics class that is believed to burn between 500-1000 calories within an hour! Zumba offers tons of other health benefits too, to learn more, check out Health Benefits of Zumba
Can You Lose Belly Fat Fast?
One cannot help but wonder “Is there any way to reduce belly fat fast?”
Frankly speaking, this is unrealistic and just not possible. The speed with which you undergo belly fat reduction will depend on numerous factors (such as, amount of fat, fitness level, health conditions and body type)