Organic foods are those food products that are not given any antibiotics or growth hormones. Organic food is produced without using most conventional pesticides, fertilizers made with synthetic ingredients or sewage sludge, bioengineering or ionizing radiation. These food products are very healthy and are important for avoiding all sorts of medical health concerns.
Below is a proper organic diet plan which one can follow in order to have a healthy life:
- Sunday brunch: Organic Pancakes with Fresh Berries
- Monday: Homemade Granola with Organic Yogurt
- Tuesday: Organic fruit smoothies made with organic tofu, yogurt or soy milk or almond milk
- Wednesday: Homemade Organic Oatmeal
- Thursday: Your family's favorite organic cereal and milk
- Friday: Quick Organic Omelet with Fresh Vegetables
- Saturday: Organic French Toast with Organic Maple Syrup
There is also an organic diet plan for vegetarian lasagna recipe which can serve about 6 to 8 people and is highly nutritious:
- 12 organic whole wheat lasagna noodles
- 3 cups organic cauliflower, chopped
- 2 organic carrots, sliced
- 1 large organic white onion, sliced
- 2 organic red bell peppers, seeded, sliced
- 2 organic summer squash, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup organic whole wheat flour
- 3 cups organic low-fat milk
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 cups organic baby spinach leaves
- 32 ounces organic ricotta cheese
- 3 cups shredded organic mozzarella cheese
Using these ingredients, you can make organic diet lasagna with your original recipe, only difference is that here you will be using more organic ingredients.
Benefits of an Organic Diet
Having an organic diet can be very beneficial for us since there are less health risks.
- There are fewer pesticides in organic diet. They include chemicals such as fungicides, herbicides, and insecticides. These chemicals can be unhealthy for us.
- Organic foods are fresher. It is usually fresher when eaten because it doesn’t contain preservatives that make it last longer.
- Organic farming is environment friendly. Organic farming practices reduce pollution, conserve water, reduce soil erosion, increase soil fertility, and use less energy. Farming without pesticides is better for the people who harvest our food.
- Organically raised animals are not given antibiotics, growth hormones, or fed animal byproducts. The use of antibiotics in conventional meat production helps create antibiotic-resistant strains of bacteria. This means that when someone gets ill from these strains, they won’t respond to the treatment of antibiotics. By avoiding feeding animal byproducts to other animals reduces the risk of mad cow disease. In addition, the animals are given space to move around and access to the outdoors, which keeps the animals healthy. The more crowded the conditions, the more likely an animal is to get sick.