No White Foods Diet
The No White Foods Diet does not involve a specific plan but in mainly involves in eliminating all white foods from the diet. With regular exercise and a month of this diet, one can lose about four to six pounds with this approach. White foods are to be discouraged wholly under this no white food diet since most of the white foods contain carbohydrates and consumption of these carbohydrates lead to cravings of more carbs and increases insulin production.
The following are the No white food list:
- White flour /White rice
- Milk- Skim milk may be consumed
- Fruit juice and artificial sweeteners are to be avoided as well since they can cause sugar cravings.
- Fish and Seafood
- Lean meats
- Olive oil
All vegetables are recommended, except for those mentioned above. A sample diet plan is listed below. This can help you in figuring out what kind of no white foods diet can be consumed.
- Scrambled eggs
- Sautéed spinach
- 2 slices toasted rye bread
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- Brown rice salad with minced beef and chopped vegetables
- Balsamic dressing
- 1 oz raw walnuts
- 1 small box raisins
- Grilled lamb cutlets
- Steamed asparagus
- Green salad
- 1 peach
Features of the No White Diet:
Following the No white food diet is not difficult at all- you have to choose healthy and colorful food options. You do not necessarily have to follow any recipes or diet books, you don’t even need to avoid all carbs; you can avoid white rice and replace them with brown rice for instance. This way you can control the hunger pangs and cravings. This no white food diet is most effective when combined with regular physical exercise. Talk to your physician before starting any new diet.
The benefits of this diet are listed below:
- You don’t have to measure everything before consumption.
- Removes refined flour and sugar, which are sources of empty calories and blood sugar imbalances, from our diet.
- Eliminates most of the foods that dieters commonly overeat.
- Encourages the intake of healthy carbohydrates from vegetables and whole grains.
- May assist with prevention and treatment of diabetes and insulin resistance.
- By avoiding salt, we can reduce the cases of high blood pressure, heart disease as well as assisting with removal of excess fluids from the body.
Having many benefits may be very encouraging and people might even consider following this diet. However, you should review the negativities of a no white food diet as well before starting the diet.
- Discourages consumption of some healthy white foods such as chicken breast, cauliflower and dairy products.
- People may wrongly believe that anything that isn’t white is a good food for weight loss.
- This diet does not tell us about the importance of exercise and psychological factors for successful weight loss.