The ketogenic diet foods are a high-fat, low-carbohydrate and low protein diet that is used primarily to treat epilepsy in children. The ketogenic diet plan shows aspects of starvation by forcing the body to burn fats rather than carbohydrates. An elevated level of ketone bodies in the blood, a state known as ketosis, leads to a reduction in the frequency of epileptic seizures.
The benefits of following a ketogenic diet plan are:
- It drives cancer into remission with new and effective cancer treatments.
- It improves epilepsy treatment outcomes by reducing, and in some cases, eliminating seizures.
- Helps in curing patients with Alzheimer’s disease regain memory and thought function.
- Gives diabetic control over their blood sugar with more effective diabetes treatment plans.
- Eliminates gluten allergy symptoms and relieve the symptoms of other allergic conditions associated with autoimmune reactions.
- A ketogenic diet plan is a very effective tool for regaining health, losing excess weight and building a muscular, healthy body.
Ketogenic Diet Recipes and Diet Plan:
The following mentioned below is a ketogenic diet plan which tells us what foods are allowed in a ketogenic diet plan:
- Scrambled eggs made with butter.
- Hams can also be added to the platter.
- With coffee, you can add cream and artificial sweetener.
- Orange juice is acceptable to drink at breakfast.
It is advised to ask your dietician about the quantity of servings which can be consumed.
- Tuna salad made with real mayonnaise.
- Pickle relish and tomato.
- Spaghetti squash made with Parmesan cheese and butter, lettuce with mayonnaise and diet orange soda with whipped cream.
- It is advised to choose a sugar-free beverage.
- Baked chicken
- Brown rice and tossed salad.
- Add avocado to your salad to increase the fat content.
- Sugar-free beverage.
- Another dinner meal might include roast pork, creamed spinach and a tossed salad with avocado.
Ketogenic Diet Recipes:
- Deli Rolls: Buy ham or smoked turkey. Lay the slices out between clean paper towels and pat them dry. Take 8 ounces of plain, full fat cream cheese and bring it to room temperature (soften it). Spread a thin layer of the cream cheese on each slice of meat and then roll up the slice from one side, like a jelly roll. Repeat until you use all the meat or cheese. Chill the rolls over night.
- Protein Shake: Pour almond milk in the blender bottle, add a scoop of protein powder, shake to mix, and drink.
- Greek yogurt protein cups: take 6 ounces of full fat Greek yogurt and add 1/2 scoop of unsweetened or artificially sweetened whey protein power. Add 1 ounce of heavy cream and mix well. Refrigerate overnight.
- Leftover meat from last night's dinner: cold steak tips, pork chunks, leftover salmon or chicken makes a tasty, quick breakfast. Add an ounce of hard cheese and an ounce of macadamia nuts to round it out.