Anti-inflammatory diet plans consist of consuming a substance or treatment that reduces inflammation. Anti-inflammatory food lists and drugs make up about half of analgesics, remedying pain by reducing inflammation as opposed to opioids, which affect the central nervous system. While each plan has its own twist, all diets are based on the general concept that constant or out-of-control inflammation in the body can eventually lead to ill health, and that eating to avoid constant inflammation promotes better health and can ward off disease. The average American diet includes far too many foods rich in omega-6 fatty acids, found in processed and fast foods, and far too few rich in omega-3 fatty acids, such as those found in cold-water fish or supplements. When that balance is out of whack, inflammation can set in.
Anti-Inflammatory Diet Plan and Recipes:
Anti-inflammatory diet plan varies from person to person. Some researchers say that it is probably very close to the Mediterranean diet. Specifics vary from diet to diet, but in general anti-inflammatory food list suggest that one can:
- Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables.
- Minimize saturated and trans fats.
- Eat a good source of omega-3 fatty acids, such as fish or fish oil supplements and walnuts.
- Be careful of your intake of refined carbohydrates such as pasta and white rice.
- Eat plenty of whole grains such as brown rice and bulgur wheat.
- Eat lean protein sources such as chicken; cut back on red meat and full-fat dairy foods
- Avoid refined foods and processed foods.
You are allowed to spice up your food. Ginger, curry, and other spices, especially turmeric, can have anti-inflammatory effect. Different researches suggest different anti-inflammatory diet plans. Below are listed 2 diet plans; one can follow whichever they might find suitable:
Diet Plan no 1:
- Toasted steel-cut oatmeal with berries, yogurt, or other topping and coffee or green tea.
- It could consist of tuna salad on 7-grain bread and a smoothie with seasonal fruits turkey meat sauce, spinach salad with oranges and walnuts, and apple cranberry pie made without butter.
Diet Plan no 2:
- Citrus Salad with Ginger Yogurt
- Indian Spiced Carrot Soup with Ginger
- Red Bell Pepper, Spinach, and Goat Cheese Salad with Oregano Dressing
- whole-wheat crackers
- Pan Seared Salmon on Baby Arugula
- Roasted Root Vegetables
- Raspberry Sorbet
An anti-inflammatory diet plan is the Zone diet with fish oil. This Zone diet recommends low-fat protein, carbs, and heart-healthy monounsaturated fats.