David Zinczenko, author and editor-in-chief of Men’s Health and Women’s Health magazine, claims to have the formula which helps in burning belly fat and getting washboard abs in just six weeks by changing the way you eat and exercise. A proper Abs diet, exercise and Abs diet plan together ensure that the person gets flat abs and loses 12 pounds of belly fat in the first two weeks of the diet. Since exercise is optional in the first two weeks, walking is highly recommended.
Dietary Sources of the Abs Diet:
There are 12 power foods featured in the menu Abs diet plans. These foods are highlighted because they are nutrient-rich; they contain protein, calcium, and healthy fats. Portion sizes are advised so that one can keep calories in check, even for power foods for Abs diet plan.
The 12 power foods are as follows:
- Almonds and Other Nuts eaten with skins intact.
- Beans and Other Legumes
- Spinach and Other Green Vegetables
- Dairy: Fat-free or low-fat milk, yogurt, cheese, cottage cheese
- Instant Oatmeal: Unsweetened, unflavored
- Turkey and other lean meats. Lean steak, chicken, fish
- Peanut Butter – All-natural, sugar-free.
- Olive Oil
- Whole-Grain Breads and Cereals
- Extra- Protein powder (Whey)
- Raspberries and Other Berries
By eating six mini meals a day with an emphasis on protein, you can feel satisfied and this helps in repairing muscles. Meals are centered on power foods showcased in three weeks of Abs diet plans and recipes. Calories range from 1400-1600 daily. It is advised to drink plenty of water, avoid alcohol or limit it to 2-3 drinks per week, and once weekly in an Abs diet you can splurge on a cheat meal and eat anything you like.
Food items which should be avoided include:
- Refined carbs
- Baked goods
- White rice
- High fructose corn syrup
- Fried foods
- Hydrogenated oils
- Whole-fat dairy
- Fatty meats
- Saturated fat
- Trans fats
How does the Abs Diet work?
Six small meals should be consumed to keep the body well fed and Abs diet encourages fat burning while retaining muscle. Power foods, healthy proteins, and slow-burning carbs, along with resistance exercise help in keeping the muscle mass and promise rapid weight loss. Since an Abs diet plan is a short term diet, it should be followed religiously. An Abs diet is designed to improve your appearance and health; an Abs diet plan also devices on lowering cholesterol and blood pressure, and reducing the risk of diabetes and certain forms of cancer.
Here is a short, Abs Diet plan for a day, including a cheat meal:
- Breakfast: 1⁄2 cup orange juice or waffles
- Snack no 1: 4 ounces Lemon Drips and Drops smoothie
- Lunch: Shrimps or 1 cup berries
- Snack no 2: 4 to 8 ounces of a lemon smoothie or 1 cup melon
- Dinner: Cheat meal