1200 Calorie Diet Plan for Women
1200 calories sounds like quite a tiny quantity, doesn’t it? However, researcher and experts explain that the 1200 calorie diet plan works because 1200 is the minimum calorie count that an individual can consume safely. The 1200 calorie diet plan for women is recommended as the minimum calorie intake that an individual can consume if weight loss is on his or her agenda, according to Kerri-Ann Jennings, registered dietician and editor of Eating Well. Healthy foods totaling 1200 calories can provide adequate sources of wholesome nutrition along with weight loss. Even though there are no specifically recommended foods for the 1200 calorie diet plan, the best results are obtained by basing the daily diet on fresh fruits, vegetables, legumes, lean proteins, and whole grains. Women following the 1200 calorie diet plan should consult their health practitioners before engaging in extensive physical activity. The restricted calorie count is not high enough to sustain rigorous physical activity and may result in health complications.
The pros of following the 1200 calorie diet plan for women include the following:
- Dieters will experience rapid initial weight loss. This is a great motivating factor and will encourage dieters to stick to the diet plan.
- Even though healthy foods are recommended, there is no restriction on the kinds of food consumed by dieters as long as the 1200 calorie count is not exceeded.
- The 1200 calorie diet plan can be modified to accommodate several diets such as vegetarian and vegan diets.
The cons of following the 1200 calorie diet plan for women include the following:
- Though there is no restriction on the types of foods consumed, the 1200 calorie diet plan must be planned out carefully to prevent nutritional deficiencies.
- Dieters must keep track of all the calories consumed and measure foods on a daily basis.
- A low calorie diet that is low on filling foods such as nuts triggers feelings of hunger and fatigue.
- Individuals who want to keep up their regular physical exercise schedules will not be able to do so with the 1200 calorie diet plan.
- Dieters have a high risk of gaining the weight back after they switch back to a regular diet plan.
Sample Meal Plan
The following sample meal plan will give you a brief idea of a day to day 1200 calorie diet plan:
Breakfast includes 1 cup of bran cereal, 1 cup of skim milk, and 1 banana.
Lunch includes 2 cups of raw vegetable crudités (carrots, red peppers and celery), a tuna sandwich made with whole grain bread and low fat mayonnaise, and 1 apple.
Afternoon snack includes a nectarine, and sparkling water with lemon.
Dinner includes 3 oz of grilled chicken breast, a quick healthy salad, ¾ cup of steamed green beans, and 1 fresh peach. The salad can be prepared with the following ingredients:
- One cup of lettuce
- ½ cup of cherry tomatoes
- Balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ½ cup grated carrot
Evening snack consists of 1 small pear.
Everydiet- 1200 calorie diet
health and fitness- 1200 calorie diet