Is Coconut Oil Good for Cooking?
Many people have started discovering various benefits of Virgin Coconut Oil and are looking for recipes that utilize coconut oil to incorporate more coconut oil in their diet. There are 4 different types of coconut cooking oils which can be used for different cooking purposes. They are:
- Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil
- Green Label Virgin Coconut Oil
- Organic Expeller-pressed Coconut Oil
- Standard Expeller-pressed Coconut Oil
Coconut oil recipes:
Here is a coconut oil recipe which shows how one can prepare chicken curry in coconut oil:
- 1 whole chicken cut into 6-8 pieces
- 3 Tablespoons of Virgin Coconut oil
- 2 Tablespoons of organic coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon fine Himalayan salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh ginger root
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 Tablespoon curry powder
- 2 cups chicken stock (you can use the neck and carcass to make this)
- 1/4 cup water
Start by sautéing garlic, onion and ginger with coconut oil in a frying pan. Then add the cut-up chicken and cook it towards the brown side. Then add chicken stock and let it simmer for 15 minutes. Next, add salt, black pepper and curry powder and then cover the pan. You can cook it for another 5 minutes and the dissolve coconut flour in 1/4 cup of water. Once you have dissolved it, stir it into the pan and continue cooking it for another 5 minutes. You can serve it on either plain white rice or Bhutanese red rice.
Another coconut oil recipe is mentioned below. This will help you in figuring out what kind of dishes and drinks require coconut oil. This recipe is of a banana orange smoothie.
- 1 banana
- ½ cup orange juice more or less, depending on how thick or thin you want it
- 3 tablespoons virgin coconut oil – liquefied
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Cream Concentrate
- 3 tablespoons organic whole milk vanilla yogurt
- 3 ice cubes
All you are required to do is that blend everything together in a blender! To enhance this recipe, you can also add five frozen strawberries. This will make the taste better and fruitier.
These coconut oil recipes show how coconut oil is used in making healthy food dishes and drinks. Coconut oil is considered very healthy for consumption and is recommended by many nutritionists. Athletes performing the Olympics are also advised to eat foods cooked in this oil and drink smoothies such as those mentioned above. They can provide many nutrients and minerals to the body and make it healthier.