Health benefits of coconut oil
Coconut oil is highly beneficial for our body when consumed. A list of health benefits of coconut oil are mentioned below:
- It promotes heart health
- It promotes healthy cholesterol balance
- It promotes weight loss if you need it.
- Coconut oil has a mild delicate flavor
- It is highly stable and therefore has a long shelf life
- It is also resistant to heat, making it the healthiest oil for cooking
- It contributes to increased energy levels
- Helps in the promotion of healthy immune response to bacterial, viral, yeast and other fungal infections, including Candida
- Coconut oil supports immune system function and reduces risk of autoimmune diseases
- It also supports normal functioning of the thyroid gland
- It helps in providing an immediate source of energy because it is easily digested and very efficiently metabolized
- It stimulates healthy metabolic function
- It also improves digestion and nutrient absorption, thereby promoting general good health
- It also functions as a protective antioxidant
- It supplies important nutrients necessary for good health
- It contributes to healthy bone density
- Lastly it promotes soft, smooth skin and naturally shiny hair
Uses of coconut oil:
There are many different uses of coconut oil, the most common ones being mentioned below:
- It helps in boosting energy.
- It can be used as a super conditioner on your hair.
- It is a very good substitute for shaving cream- for men.
- It has the properties of a natural deodorant and can be applied in the arm pits for some natural and rich scent.
- It is a very good lotion for the removal of makeup.
- Women who are still breast feeding their kids; coconut oil can help in increasing your milk flow.
- It can heal hemorrhoids and also treat and finish migraine related pains.
- It can be applied as a natural sunscreen on our body- it is the best sun block lotion recommended.
- It strengthens the cuticles and gives the nails some shine and nutrients.
- It can be used as a leather moisturizer.
- It can help in treating chicken pox and many other skin rashes and irritations.
- It can also treat and cure athlete’s foot, ringworm and many other fungal infections.
These are the various uses and benefits of coconut oil. Coconut oil is highly rich in many nutrients and very beneficial and its consumption is recommended by many dietician and nutritionists around the world. The uses and benefits mentioned above give a complete picture of the properties of this oil.