A List of Zero Carb foods
When trying to follow a diet like Atkins, people often want to go the low carb way. This is because cutting down on carbs is usually considered to be an effective way for trying to lose weight.
While determining how to cut down on carbs, weight watchers tend to look out for zero carb foods. Here too it is important to see what kind of carbs you are cutting down on. Carbohydrates are excellent energy stores which our body requires to function. However, some of them may be healthier than others. For example simple carbohydrates are known to be especially harmful as they increase blood sugar levels which then leads to excessive insulin secretion and therefore, increased storage of fat. Here is a list of lots of zero carb foods and snacks that should be incorporated into your diet so that you have a relatively healthier eating plan and can start to lose weight.
Something quite surprising that many of us are not aware of is that all kinds of meat comes in the list of zero carb foods. Therefore, if you want to cut down on carbohydrates, you should bulk up on protein. Lean meats should be included in this as they are low in fat content as well. On the list of no carb foods you will find.
- Cow: This could come from fully grown cows(beef) or the tender meat of young cows(veal)
- Fowl like chicken, turkey and duck.
- Seafood which includes both mollusks and all kinds of shellfish.
- Meats from birds that are known as game for example deer.
- Organs f animals like their liver, kidney, heart ad tongue etc.
There are various seasonings and condiments that can be added to food on an everyday basis and are also on the list of no carb foods so that if they used to cook in addition with low carb proteins, you find yourself with a very healthy combination. Examples of some such condiments include:
- Oils that have been derived from sources like flax, oil seed, olives, soybean, corn or peanuts.
- Green or black olives in their pre and unadulterated form
- Cinnamon that has been ground so that it is in powder form.
- Yellow mustard.
- Fats that have been derived from animal sources such as fish oil or lard.
- Products like margarine which is used as a substitute for butter.
Peanut Butter and Celery Sticks:
This is a great snack on the list of no carb foods. If you serve three celery sticks with two tablespoons of natural peanut better, each serving would have 8.5 grams carbohydrate, 3 grams fiber, 208 calories, 7 grams protein, 16 grams fat, 2 grams saturated fat. This is an excellent snack which can be served to kids when they come back home from school, or in the evening when they have that childish desire to munch on something.
Depending on the size of your hand and the kind of nuts you use, a handful of nuts is also an ideal zero carb food which provides you with a lot of nutritional benefits at the same time.