How Long Does Zumba Take to Lose Weight?
Zumba is a high calorie burning workout that includes easy-to-follow dance steps with Latin and international beats. Included with the Zumba program is a 5-Day Express Diet that will jump-start your weight loss. There are also 14 days worth of menus that will help you lose weight in the target areas of the hips, thighs and stomach.
The Zumba DVDs allow you to do the workouts at home right along with those on the screen. The DVDs are available from various retailers, but include a nutrition plan only when ordered directly from the Zumba web site. With Zumba, your weight lose depends on how much you put into your workout, how often you dance and the diet you follow along with your exercise plan.
Zumba Workout Format
- Zumba may be taken in a group fitness class or can be performed along with a DVD at home.
- Several different options are offered by Zumba, including the original or basic classes which feature the four Latin rhythms: merengue, salsa, cumbia and reggaeton.
- Advanced classes may offer additional dances like calypso, samba and belly dance.
- Other class options include Zumba Toning where you dance holding light weights, Aqua Zumba which is performed in the water and Zumba in the Circuit Classes taught along with circuit training exercises.
How to burn calories?
It’s easy; you just need to be physically active! Your body is constantly burning calories to keep your body functioning. To burn more calories, do more activities, more strenuous the activity there will be, greater the calories burn. Zumba can be a great solution.
How many calories should be burned to reduce one pound?
You have to burn 3500 calories to lose one pound of weight.
- The duration of your weight loss depends on your efforts.
- How much effort you put into your workout, how long your workouts last and how often you work out all determine the rate at which you will lose weight.
- A 150-lb woman whose diet remains unchanged, but dances at a moderate-intensity for 60 minutes four times in a week, could be able to burn about 400 calories per hour and will lose about 1 lb every three weeks.
- The same number of workouts will take a 200-lb woman only about two weeks to lose the same 1 lb of weight at 540 calories per hour.
Take Smaller Meals
- Some of Zumba DVD packages include a 5-day express diet plus two weeks' worth of menus. They suggest taking several smaller meals throughout the day to increase body metabolism, a theory found beneficial by research published in "American Journal of Clinical Nutrition" in January 2005.
- The Zumba diet also recommends eating more fruits and vegetables. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends eating between 1.5 to 2.5 cups of fruit and 2 to 4 cups of vegetables per day, depending on your age, gender and activity level.
Associate Diet and Exercise
- Decreasing calorie-intake along with the exercise program increases the rate you will lose weight.
- A 150-lb woman who does Zumba at a moderate intensity for 60 minutes, four times per week and cuts 500 calories per day out of her diet will lose her weight significantly with about 1.5 lbs per week. I
- Extend your workouts to six days per week in addition to diet and you will lose close to 2 lbs in a week. Zumba is a vivacious, animated and delectable way to work out, but ensure that you will talk with your doctor before starting any new exercise program.