Jivamukti Yoga-Liberation while Living
What is Jivamukti Yoga?
Jivamukti yoga is a challenging yoga form which focuses on enlightening its followers about the possibilities and opportunities in life. It is a relatively modern yoga type and presents a harmonious combination of modern yoga poses with traditional yoga practices such as chanting and meditation.
Jivamukti followers opt for this rigorous yoga form since it effectively reinvigorates both the mind and body.
Jivamukti yoga is designed keeping five basic elements in mind namely, Shastra (Scripture), Bhakti, Ahimsa, Nada (Music) and Dhyana (meditation). Scripture deals with the knowledge of the traditional yoga scriptures that Jivamukti yoga draws inspiration and guidance from. Bhakti involves chanting and aims at awakening and developing that strong spiritual connection with the Divine. It also aims to promote inter-religious harmony and tolerance. Ahimsa aims to promote awareness about environmental and social concerns. Music essentially deals with listening to spiritually elevating music and promoting Nada Yoga (yoga of sound) as a vital part of the yoga routine. The final element, meditation, encourages Jivamukti followers to forge that strong, powerful connection between their mind and their physical self while focusing on deep breathing.
Health Benefits of Jivamukti Yoga
Let’s take a look at the numerous Jivamukti yoga health benefits!
- Jivamukti yoga enhances your mental capacity and clears up your reasoning and thinking slots enabling you to perform better.
- It promotes a strong connection between your mind and body, equipping you with the ability of interpreting your body’s messages and responding in the most effective way.
- Enhances your body’s blood circulation system ensuring that the body’s energy production process is working at an optimal level.
- Effectively alleviates and cures respiratory problems.
- Enhances your body’s flexibility, core strength and stamina.
- Jivamukti yoga can also protect your body from, and alleviate, cardiovascular diseases.
Possible Health Concerns - Just To Be On the Safe Side
Individuals with chronic health problems should consult their health practitioners before they sign up for a Jivamukti yoga class:
Background of Jivamukti Yoga
Jivamukti yoga is a more modern style of yoga which was designed by David Life and Sharon Gannon in New York in 1984. This yoga form was inspired by the teachings of Patabhi Jois and Ashtanga yoga. Since its inception Jivamukti yoga has become a popular choice for many yoga enthusiasts, including celebrities such as Madonna and Sting! It aims to train its followers about the wisdom of yoga, the awareness of the Divine and how to implement yogic teachings in their daily lives.