"If you want to use yoga to heal emotional pain, you must find out where it resides in your body and learn to take your breath there. I don't teach yoga to help people to transcend. I want people's Spirits to reside in their body. I literally want to help people embody their Spirit, not go through life fragmented." - Ana T. Forrest
The word “Forrest” has not been misspelled, and it doesn’t at all entail that this yoga type must be practiced in the forest. Nor does it come from the age-old Sanskrit language. Forrest yoga is basically the innovation of west-coat yoga teacher Anna forest; Known for her acrobatic, dance-like yoga demonstrations. Many people have difficulty working through personal trauma, let alone turning it into something positive. Ana Forrest did it. She was born disabled, had to deal with abuse, epilepsy, alcoholism, and bulimia but it did not make her stop from becoming a great yoga instructor.
Special Features Of Forrest Yoga:
- Great emphasis of Forrest Yoga is on abdominal work and breathing. Dynamic sequences of poses are intended to build heat in order to sweat out toxins and release emotions stored in the body.
- This Yoga type does not require strength or flexibility; what it requires is only a willingness to learn how to feel authentically and respond honestly.
The practice is founded on four pillars
- And Spirit.
It teaches you how to breathe intensely, connect in feeling with your body, and make you feel the power of breathe to bring aliveness into every cell of your body and ignite your fervor for living.
This style of yoga helps you to connect to your heart, to be strong and centered. The sequences of the intense pose are intended to help you develop the skills to rouse each of your senses. The long holds assist you progress in the poses and go deeper.
Forrest Yoga teaches you to become expert at safely tailoring each pose to work best for you, particularly with physical and emotional injuries. This makes it possible for integrity, self-awareness and playful curiosity to become part of your daily life.
This style of yoga is intended to create a sense of liberty, a connection to your Spirit and the courage to walk as your Spirit dictates.
It is an inspiring yoga practice that builds flexibility, intelligence and strength while helping deepen the relationship with your authentic self. Accessing your intuition - the voice of your Spirit - builds personal strength and ushers integrity into your daily interactions.
Benefits Of Forrest Yoga:
There are numerous benefits of Forrest Yoga which can appeal many people easily.
- Forrest yoga emphasizes healing and how to carry a transformative experience off the mat and into daily life.
- Forrest Yoga teaches compassion and self-acceptance as you focus and connect on your authentic self.
- Forrest Yoga uses deep breathing techniques in precise repetitions that create heat within the body. The heat forces the body to sweat out stored toxins stored, releasing negative emotions.
- The main purpose of Forrest Yoga is to bring healing to an individual by teaching them how to look within themselves and understand their feelings, which will allow them to find a solution for any emotional pain they experience. 3. Relief of Muscular Tension
- Forrest Yoga poses are held for longer periods of time to increase oxygenation to the cells of the body. Due to the positions and the repetitions, participants mainly report relief in the neck and back, though stretching exercises may offer relief to various muscles as well.
- Because Forrest Yoga incorporates dance and acrobatic style moves into the regimen, it is a vigorous form of exercise, utilizing the core muscles.