The firefly pose is classified as an arm balance asana. This pose appears to be a lot more challenging and complicated than it actually is! Beginners can also attempt the yoga firefly pose though it will take them a longer time to master this yoga posture. Additionally, beginners can also utilize yoga props such as yoga blocks to make this arm balance a little easier to perform. Before attempting the yoga firefly pose you can perform the garudasana, malasana, bakasana and baddha konasana as preparatory poses to warm up the muscles and prevent injuries or muscle strains.
Step By Step Instructions
Are you ready to attempt the fun yoga firefly pose? Let’s get started right away!
- Assume a wide squat position on the yoga mat.
- Place your palms on the yoga mat right below your feet.
- Bend your elbows and support your body weight with your arms as you lift your feet off the floor.
- Gradually straighten your bent arm and legs.
- Maintain the firefly yoga pose for 30 seconds to 1 minute or longer if you can.
Let’s take a look at the numerous health benefits of the firefly pose!
- Strengthens and tones the abdominal muscles.
- Enhances the body’s core sense of balance.
- Stretches and strengthens the wrists and arms.
- Stretches the inner groin and back.
- Stretches and strengthens the hamstrings.
Things to Remember!
Individuals with injuries or chronic pain in the lower back, shoulders, wrists and elbows should refrain from performing the firefly yoga pose without the supervision of a qualified yoga teacher.